Sunday, May 26, 2013

Girls Just Wanna Have Fun and Go Pee at 3am

I lived with just my mom and sister for a good amount of my life.  I've learned how to share the bathroom, deal with mood swings, and understand the necessity of a once a month band aid.  That was for 2 females. 

How about for more than 110 packed in a place with 3 toilets, 3 showers, and limited space?

That was Camp G.L.O.W. in the shortest of blurbs.  In all, it was a great experience where us Peace Corps Volunteers had the chance to teach 8th grade girls about the things to come in high school and with being a woman.

Some highlights were teaching some girls taekwondo, staying awake at night to make sure no Micronesian borrowing happened to our supplies, and telling multiple girls that 3am is not the time to hang out by the bathroom.

It was a great camp, but afterwards I needed a lot of sleep.  Girls are tiring.

Other news: I'm starting up my summer here in Kolonia looking for any volunteer activities to keep myself occupied.  I'm planning to do a summer reading camp at the library and coach some sports teams here, maybe even introduce Kolonia to Ultimate Frisbee!

Here's some Camp G.L.O.W. pictures.  Enjoy!


The Campers and "Staff".

Making Local Baskets.

Fun.

Dance Party.  Yes, I made a fool of myself.

The Blind Snake Leadership Activity.

Sunsets Forever.

No comments:

Post a Comment